Executive coaching in Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Lewis Psychology specialise in helping organisations to get the very best from their people and in helping people to get the very best from their career. Executive coaching provides an essential source of support and development for leaders and managers. It is a meaningful, confidential, goal-focused conversation that enables leaders and managers to take time to think, to understand and gain personal and strategic clarity. Coaching is invaluable during times of change, when specific skills need fine-tuning or when key people just need time to fully focus on the complex issues that can help or hinder performance at individual, team and organisational levels.
Why executive coaching?
All leaders and managers face demands, having an experienced executive coach working alongside you in a professional partnership will help you to focus on meeting these demands, develop
Executive coaching provides a genuine opportunity for people to celebrate what’s working well, to give proper attention to what is not, to enhance relationships and to make better and informed decisions about where to place or renew
Executive coaching can be used to:
- Remove the limiting beliefs and fears that hold you back in certain situations
- Improve your management style
- Become more ‘outcome’ focused instead of being ‘problem’ focused
- Achieve a greater work-life balance
- Become a better manager of people
- Raise performance
- Resolve conflict
- Help you to drive through change
- Take your development to the next level
- Develop a long-term growth plan
- Turn your ideas into a viable business
- Execute your business strategy more effectively
- Test out different approaches to new challenges by using your coach as a sounding board
No matter what your requirements, it is our aim to provide a fresh perspective, enhance your thinking and decision making, improve your effectiveness and increase your confidence.
How does executive coaching work?
It is our view that executive coaching issues invariably have a psychological dimension, indeed, they often reside one or more levels deeper than the presenting issue. This may manifest in the very way the client is framing or perceiving their issue, or in
As a busy
- Time and space to reflect and think rather than just do
- An honest and direct relationship with someone outside of the organisation who can support whilst at the same time challenge and encourage you
- Respectful, honest, balanced and timely feedback to enhance your performance, learning and development
- Tools and techniques that can be used when dealing with everyday tasks and new challenges.
Meet our executive coach
As the founder and Director of Lewis Psychology CIC our executive coach, Teresa Lewis, is an
Teresa is the force behind the outstanding quality of services offered at Lewis Psychology. She is a proactive and dynamic professional, combining extensive executive management experience with a successful background at
Make an appointment for executive coaching
If you would like to arrange an appointment or require further information regarding our coaching service please telephone our Wolverhampton practice
For further details of our pricing structure please visit our fees page.
In addition to offering face-to face services we also offer sessions via Skype, Zoom or telephone.
Lewis Psychology Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement (14 May 2020)
All appointments are currently conducted via Skype, Zoom or telephone.
We will reopen for face to face sessions from Monday 1st June 2020. Appointments will continue to be available via Zoom, Skype and telephone.
We have asked all staff to take additional precautions to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers.
The measures we are taking in response to COVID-19
- We have increased the frequency with which we clean our offices and ensure the cleaning standards are consistent with government advice.
- Chairs will remain at least 2 metres apart.
- We are completely paperless so no paperwork will be passed to the clients (any paperwork such as worksheets, handouts and receipts will be emailed to the client).
- Door handles and surfaces are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitiser is available for clients and staff.
- Social distancing posters are displayed around the room.
- Clients are requested to use the rear door and bypass reception completely (we are located next the the rear door).
- Appointments times are staggered in order to maintain social distancing as much as possible.
To reduce the risk of infection we would be grateful for your cooperation regarding the following:
- Do not come into the office if you, or someone you live with, has COVID-19 symptoms.
- Do not come into the office if you have a cough, temperature or flu-like symptoms.
- Please attend on your own. Do not come with a friend or family member. If you need a chaperone please call to inform us before your session so arrangements can be made.
- Do not come into the building more than 5 minutes before your appointment. This is to allow clients to leave without the need for social contact. This also enables you to avoid waiting in the reception area.
- Please keep 2 metres apart form your therapist at all times including entering and leaving the building and within the office.
- When possible please use the lavatory before attending your appointment, this will reduce unnecessary trips within our premises and therefore reduce risk of infection.
We thank you for your cooperation.