Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Employee counselling in Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Lewis Psychology is an
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
What is an employee assistance programme (EAP)?
An employee assistance programme (EAP) is a counselling service for employees. A central component of an EAP is the provision of short-term counselling of approximately six sessions.
EAP counselling can be commissioned on a contractual basis or on an ad-hoc basis. Our counsellors can work with a wide range of presenting issues from
The provision of counselling services through an EAP ensures that your staff always have somewhere to turn when life’s pressures start to build up. Whether the primary source of stress lies within or outside the workplace, its early resolution will facilitate a rapid return to productivity by removing the distraction and worry caused by the unresolved problem.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement
We continue to operate face to face appointments for our business customers as mental health services are exempt from lockdown. We have asked all staff to take additional precautions to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers. Please view our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement for detailed information.
Skype, Zoom and telephone sessions are available via our sister company, Lewis Psychology Online.
- Lower risks of litigation
- Improved return on investment in training and development
- Improved customer care and relationships with clients and suppliers
- Reduced costs of sick pay, sickness cover, overtime and recruitment
Benefits for individuals
- People feel more motivated and committed to their work
- Morale is high
- People work harder and perform better – increasing their earning power
- People feel that they are part of a team and the decision-making process, so accept change better
- Relationships – with managers and within teams – are better
- Assists employees in achieving a harmonious work-life balance
- People are happy in their work and don’t want to leave
- Line managers can outwardly show their duty of care
- Line managers can demonstrate good management skills that could help their promotability and career development.
- Reduced staff turnover and intention to leave, so improving retention
- Better absence management
- Fewer days lost to sickness and absenteeism
- Fewer accidents
- Improved work quality
- Improved organisational image and reputation
- Better staff understanding and tolerance of others experiencing problems
If you would like get to make a booking or require any further information about our employee counselling service please telephone our Wolverhampton counselling practice on: 01902 827808. Alternatively fill out our online contact form and we will get back to you. We are open seven days a week.
Skype, Zoom or telephone therapy is available from our sister company, Lewis Psychology Online.