Couple counselling in Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Lewis Psychology is a multi-award winning ethical business and the only counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton to gain Service Accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
What is couple counselling?
Couple counselling provides an opportunity to explore patterns, dynamics and conflicts within a relationship and to address issues which are causing stress within it.
Our couple counsellors work with couples in any kind of relationship: hetero-sexual; gay or lesbian; transgender; married or co-habiting; pre-living together; separating or divorcing; love marriages and arranged marriages.
Sometimes people find that their partner will not attend couple counselling and in such cases you may come on your own for individual counselling. Many people do attend alone and still see positive benefits in their relationship.
Violence and abuse is an issue for some people who come to us for help with their relationship. We know that in this situation working with both partners together may not be safe. If this is the case we would suggest that each partner attend individual counselling.
Issues that people bring to couple counselling
- Repetitive arguments
- Feelings of distance in the relationship
- Feelings of anger or resentment
- Lack of interest in affection
- Sexual issues
- An affair
- Parenting issues
- Broken trust
- Managing a separation or divorce
- Relationship impacted by a gambling problem
- Loss of trust and respect
- Financial abuse of family members
- Poor communication and problem-solving
- Lack of intimacy and other supportive and positive aspects of healthier relationships
- Strained extended family relationships
The above list is not exhaustive. Our team of professional couple counsellors deal with many issues that are not listed.
How can couple counselling help?
With the aid of couple counselling, couples can bring peace, stability, and communication back into the relationship.
Couple counselling can help in a number of ways:
- Communicate in an easier and more constructive way
- Listen to and understand more about each other.
- Resolve conflicts
- Get a solutions instead of going round and round in circles
- Negotiate difficult decisions.
- Recover the love, respect and fun that was previously enjoyed.
- Learn new relationship skills
- Recognise and address destructive patterns of relating
- Examine the impact of change and loss
- Achieve goals and develop solutions for resolving problems
- Think, feel, and respond more effectively with each other at home, at work and in social situations
Benefits of using Lewis Psychology for couple counselling
- Emphasis on clinical excellence as illustrated via our BACP Service Accreditation
- An award winning ethical business reinvesting profits into the local community
- Access to leading edge couple counselling approaches based on the latest research – including cutting edge neuroscience research
- The highest standards of professional qualifications, training and expertise
- Professional Registration with the recognised leading UK professional regulatory bodies.
- High standards of data protection compliance and registration with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Flexible consulting hours to fit around your work and commitments
- Prestigious and spacious consulting rooms at the heart of Wolverhampton’s medical district
- Working with fully qualified, experienced and registered couple counsellor’s that you can trust.
Meet our couple counselling team
All Lewis Psychology practitioners have been awarded professional recognition with their respective professional bodies such as the British Psychological Society (BPS) and Health Professions Council (HPC), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
As a Lewis Psychology client you can be reassured that your couple counsellor has the necessary training, skills and registration to ensure that you receive a first class and professional service.
Make an appointment for couple counselling
If you would like to arrange an appointment or require further information regarding our couple counselling service please telephone our Wolverhampton practice on: 01902 827808. Alternatively fill out our online contact form and we will contact you back. We are now open seven days a week.
For further details of our pricing structure please visit our fees page.
Initial telephone discussion
You are welcome to contact us for a 15 minute initial telephone discussion. This will be with a BACP senior accredited psychotherapist who will use this time to gain an understanding of how you could benefit from the services offered at Lewis Psychology. During this discussion the practitioner will help guide you towards the service that is most suitable. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions and find out more about the process. At this time you can decide whether you would like to book an appointment however the consultation is conducted entirely without obligation on your part.
In addition to offering face-to face services we also offer sessions via Skype, Zoom, Google hangouts, FaceTime or telephone.
Lewis Psychology Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement (24 March 2020)
All appointments will be temporarily conducted via our remote services.
Please be assured that Lewis Psychology is taking this Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis very seriously, the health and wellbeing of our client’s and staff is first and foremost our priority. We are also aware that during this difficult time it is more important than ever to take care of our mental health, this is why we are doing everything within our power to maintain our service and commitment to you in whichever way we can. Our offices are unfortunately now temporarily closed as far as face to face counselling/psychotherapy is concerned, because of this we have greatly expanded our remote services such as telephone and video counselling/psychotherapy (Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts and FaceTime).
Our technology infrastructure allows us to access and operate all our systems remotely should we need to. This allows every member of staff to have access to our I.T. systems away from the office ensuring our clients continue to get an uninterrupted service.
Should you wish to arrange an appointment for counselling/psychotherapy via one of our remote services please do not hesitate to contact us in the usual manner. We promise to do our very best to support our customers during this difficult time. If you have any queries or concerns in regard to the above please contact Teresa Lewis as follows:
Office: 01902 827808