Counselling in Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Lewis Psychology is a multi-award winning ethical business and the only counselling service in Wolverhampton to gain Service Accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
What is counselling?
Counselling provides an opportunity to explore various aspects of your life, feelings and behaviour, talking about them in a way that is rarely possible with friends or family. The counsellor will help you to explore the issues that are proving troublesome and to find ways of moving forward.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement
We have asked all staff to take additional precautions to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers. We continue to operate face to face counselling appointments from our Wolverhampton office. Skype, Zoom and telephone counselling sessions are also available. Please view our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement for detailed information.
Issues that people bring to counselling
The above list is not exhaustive. Our team of professional counsellors deal with many issues that are not listed.
How can counselling help?
With the aid of counselling, individuals can think, feel, and respond more effectively at home, at work and in social situations.
Counselling can help in a number of ways:
- Recover from debilitating emotional states
- Improve relationships
- Recover from trauma or abuse
- Improve work satisfaction
- Find rewarding work
- Communicate with others in an easier and more constructive way
- Develop effective coping strategies
- Strengthen self-esteem and self-confidence
- Understand thoughts, and feelings that cause difficulties and/or distress
- Feel more in control of your life
- Realise possibility for change
- Make healthy life choices
- Get solutions instead of going round and round in circles
- Recognise and address destructive patterns or addictions
- Examine the impact of change and loss
- Achieve goals and develop solutions for resolving problems
The above list is not exhaustive. People report many additional changes as a result of counselling.
Benefits of using Lewis Psychology
- Emphasis on clinical excellence as illustrated via our BACP Service Accreditation
- An award winning ethical business reinvesting profits into the local community
- Access to leading edge counselling approaches based on the latest research – including cutting edge neuroscience research
- The highest standards of professional qualifications, training and expertise
- Professional Registration with the recognised leading UK professional regulatory bodies
- High standards of data protection compliance and registration with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Flexible consulting hours to fit around your work and commitments
- Prestigious and spacious consulting rooms at the heart of Wolverhampton’s medical district
- Working with fully qualified, experienced and registered counsellor’s that you can trust
Meet our counselling team
Lewis Psychology is the only counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton to gain Service Accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
All Lewis Psychology practitioners have been awarded professional recognition with their respective professional bodies such as the British Psychological Society (BPS) and Health Professions Council (HPC), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
As a Lewis Psychology client you can be reassured that your counsellor has the necessary training, skills and registration to ensure that you receive a first class and professional service.
Make an appointment for counselling
If you would like to arrange an appointment or require further information regarding our counselling service please telephone our Wolverhampton practice on: 01902 827808. Alternatively fill out our online contact form and we will contact back. We are now open seven days a week.
For further details of our pricing structure please visit our fees page.
Our clients come to us via several routes: they find us after searching on the web and cover the cost of counselling themselves; or an organisation contacts us and arranges and pays for one or more of their staff. Alternatively, a professional such as a solicitor or social worker may contact us to arrange counselling for their client.
Initial telephone discussion
You are welcome to contact us for a 15 minute initial telephone discussion. This will be with a BACP senior accredited psychotherapist who will use this time to gain an understanding of how you could benefit from the services offered at Lewis Psychology. During this discussion the practitioner will help guide you towards the service that is most suitable. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions and find out more about the process. At this time you can decide whether you would like to book an appointment however the consultation is conducted entirely without obligation on your part.
In addition to offering face-to face services we also offer sessions via Skype, Zoom or telephone.