Anger Management Counselling
Anger management counselling in Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Lewis Psychology is a multi-award winning ethical business and the only anger management counselling service in Wolverhampton to gain Service Accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement
We have asked all staff to take additional precautions to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers. We continue to operate face to face anger management counselling from our Wolverhampton office. Skype, Zoom and telephone anger management sessions are also available. Please view our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement for detailed information.
What is anger management counselling?
Anger management can help you cope with angry feelings that affect your health, work, behaviour or personal relationships. Anger management helps you change the way you think about certain situations and behave differently. Anger management will enable you to:
- Understand and
indentifythe root causes of anger
- Improve relationships at work and home
- Learn assertiveness skills to combat anger
- Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal behaviour in different situations
- Enhance feelings of
self confidenceand self understating
You will learn practical techniques to keep you calm and in control. You will look at the causes of your anger and uncover the most effective ways for you to keep your cool and communicate effectively.
Anger management at Lewis Psychology is conducted via one-to-one sessions with a psychotherapist and does not involve any group work. A certificate of attendance can be issued if required.
What will I gain from anger management counselling?
- Identify your anger triggers
- Understand the different anger styles
- Develop effective tools to express oneself assertively not aggressively
- Gain powerful techniques to controlling anger
- Understand how anger affects our close relationships
- Identify effective problem solving strategies
- Learn and practice advanced communication techniques
- Recognise and avoid ‘games’
- Examine the role of sabotaging thoughts
- Develop cognitive restructuring techniques and realise new ways to think and respond
- Identify and change your life position
- Manage escalating states of anger by recognising and acting on symptoms
- Identify and challenge unhealthy beliefs attached to anger
- Develop a new outlook and plan for the future
Benefits of using Lewis Psychology
- Emphasis on clinical excellence as illustrated via our BACP Service Accreditation
- An award winning ethical business reinvesting profits into the local community
- Access to leading edge anger management approaches based on the latest research – including cutting edge neuroscience research
- The highest standards of professional qualifications, training and expertise
- Professional Registration with the recognised leading UK professional regulatory bodies
- High standards of data protection compliance and registration with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
- Flexible consulting hours to fit around your work and commitments
- Prestigious and spacious consulting rooms at the heart of Wolverhampton’s medical district
- Working with fully qualified, experienced and registered anger management therapists that you can trust.
Meet our anger management counselling team
All Lewis Psychology practitioners have been awarded professional recognition with their respective professional bodies such as the British Psychological Society (BPS) and Health Professions Council (HPC), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP).
As a Lewis Psychology client you can be reassured that your anger management counsellor has the necessary training, skills and registration to ensure that you receive a first class and professional service.
Make an appointment for anger management counselling
If you would like to arrange an appointment or require further information regarding anger management counselling please telephone our Wolverhampton practice on: 01902 827808. Alternatively fill out our online contact form and we will contact you within 24 hours. We are open seven days a week.
For further details of our pricing structure please visit our fees page.
Initial telephone discussion
You are welcome to contact us for a 15 minute initial telephone discussion. This will be with a BACP senior accredited psychotherapist who will use this time to gain an understanding of how you could benefit from the services offered at Lewis Psychology. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions and find out more about the therapy process. At this time you can decide whether you would like to book an appointment however the consultation is conducted entirely without obligation on your part.
In addition to offering face-to face services we also offer sessions via Skype, Zoom or telephone.