Sessional Counsellor / Psychotherapist / Psychologist job – Wolverhampton
Lewis Psychology CIC is an awarding winning ethical company and the only BACP Accredited counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton. Established in 2009 Lewis Psychology is a registered not-for-profit organisation with ethical principles at its core. By joining the Lewis Psychology family you will be part of the fundamental infrastructure needed to deliver flag-ship client care in Wolverhampton.
MAINT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- to provide one-to-one counselling to adults
- to liaise with management as appropriate
- to have the capacity to work autonomously and within the BACP ethical framework
- to work within the overall framework of Lewis Psychology policies and procedures
- to write case notes in line with Lewis Psychology procedures
The successful applicant will have excellent clinical, written and verbal communication skills combined with experience of working in a role which requires a high attention to detail and the requirement to follow laid down procedures. The ability to manage your time effectively and IT literacy (Microsoft Word) are also essential.
This job description is intended to be a guide to the main duties and responsibilities of the post and will be reviewed and revised from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERTISE REQUIRED
- Masters Degree in Counselling or Psychotherapy
- Counselling experience with adults from age 18+ within a professional context
- Member of a recognised professional body such as BACP, BABCP or UKCP
- Counselling / Psychotherapy Accreditation with the BACP, BABCP or UKCP
- HPC Registration
- We are especially keen to hear from individuals that can cover a evenings or weekends. Exact hours of the job will be mutually agreed agreed upon successful interview.
Sessional counsellors / psychotherapists / psychologists tend to work for one or two days per week. Sessional staff are expected to book 5 client sessions per full day. Occasionally half days may be appropriate.
Please note that this is a self employed contractor job and the number of hours for this role can vary slightly week by week depending on client bookings. We are looking for a commitment of at least one day per week (5 client hours). Three positions are available and additional hours can be added as agreed with the Clinical Director.
Management supervision will be in-house and it is your responsibility to ensure appropriate clinical supervision is in place.
- Lewis Psychology, Deansgate, 62-70 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4TH
DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
We will train and support you in our processes and provide feedback. If you have genuine capacity for additional work we would love to hear from you.
For further information regarding this sessional counsellor / psychotherapist job please contact Teresa Lewis, Clinical Director on 01902 827808 or at email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
If you have genuine capacity for additional work we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Teresa Lewis, Clinical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org