BACP Service Accreditation
Lewis Psychology CIC is the only counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accredi
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
All BACP accredited services demonstrate a high quality of service delivery, meeting benchmark standards that are maintained by annual assessment. In addition accredited services are bound by the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions which was formally adopted on 1 July 2016.
The Service Accreditation Scheme Criteria cover areas of:
- Operation (policy, aims and objectives, publicity, staffing, equal opportunities, evaluation and feedback)
- Management and administration (service structure, community liaison, health and safety, administration and management)
- Delivery of service (premises, professional conduct)
Our application was described by the BACP head of Professional Standards as “… an exemplary application for BACP Service Accreditation”.
The following Lewis Psychology services are BACP accredited:
- Anger management counselling
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couple counselling
- EMDR psychotherapy
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
Mindfulness basedcognitive therapy (MBCT)
The BACP only accredit counselling and psychotherapy services;
You can also be assured that Lewis Psychology therapists are employed by the practice and do not rent rooms. All staff have had been through a strict application and interview procedure and professional standards are monitored by our Clinical Director, Teresa Lewis.