Couple Counselling in Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Lewis Psychology CIC is a multi-award winning ethical business and the only counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton to gain Service Accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
What is Couple Counselling?
Couple counselling provides an opportunity to explore patterns, dynamics and conflicts within a relationship and to address issues which are causing stress within it.
Our couple counsellors work with couples in any kind of relationship: hetero-sexual; gay or lesbian; transgender; married or co-habiting; pre-living together; separating or divorcing; love marriages and arranged marriages.
Sometimes people find that their partner will not attend couple counselling and in such cases you may come on your own for individual counselling. Many people do attend alone and still see positive benefits in their relationship.
Violence and abuse is an issue for some people who come to us for help with their relationship. We know that in this situation working with both partners together may not be safe. If this is the case we would suggest that each partner attend individual counselling.
Issues That Bring People to Couple Counselling
- Repetitive arguments
- Feelings of distance in the relationship
- Feelings of anger or resentment
- Lack of interest in affection
- Sexual issues
- An affair
- Parenting issues
- Broken trust
- Managing a separation or divorce
- Relationship impacted by a gambling problem
- Loss of trust and respect
- Financial abuse of family members
- Poor communication and problem-solving
- Lack of intimacy and other supportive and positive aspects of healthier relationships
- Strained extended family relationships
The above list is not exhaustive. Our team of professional couple counsellors deal with many issues that are not listed.
How Can Couple Counselling Help?
With the aid of couple counselling, couples can bring peace, stability, and communication back into the relationship.
Couple counselling can help in a number of ways:
- Communicate in an easier and more constructive way
- Listen to and understand more about each other.
- Resolve conflicts
- Get a solutions instead of going round and round in circles
- Negotiate difficult decisions.
- Recover the love, respect and fun that was previously enjoyed.
- Learn new relationship skills
- Recognise and address destructive patterns of relating
- Examine the impact of change and loss
- Achieve goals and develop solutions for resolving problems
- Think, feel, and respond more effectively with each other at home, at work and in social situations.
Couple Counselling And Neuroscience
Neuroscience, neuro-imaging and other neurobiological disciplines have found that measurable structural changes occur in client brains as a result of counselling. Counselling can create new neural connections and strengthen existing connections in the brain. The traditional assumption that the brain does not change is wrong, throughout our lifespan new connections and new neural networks are developed in our brains, regardless of age, genetic background or life experience. Effective couple counselling not only changes minds it changes brains as well.
Meet Our Couple Counselling Team
Our couple counselling team have the psychological skills and expertise to understand and work with a range of issues presented to us by our clients. Each member of the couple counselling team has achieved individual Accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
BACP Accreditation is the “Gold Standard” that every counsellor and psychotherapist is striving to achieve. As a Lewis Psychology client you can be reassured that your therapist has the necessary training and skills to ensure that you receive a first class and professional service. At Lewis Psychology we have competently trained practitioners, providing reassurance that your well-being is in the hands of accredited and registered professionals.
To find out more about our professional registrations please visit: Professional Registrations
For further information about counselling please visit: Information Counselling and Psychotherapy
To find out how to choose a couple counsellor please visit: How to Choose a Counsellor
Our clients come to us via several routes:
- The general public: Individuals may self refer and cover the cost of couple counselling themselves.
- Organisations: an organisation may contact us to arrange coupe counselling for one or more of their staff.
- Health insurance providers: A number of our therapists are registered with major health insurance companies. Please ask about this when you get in touch.
- Other professionals: A professional such as GP, solicitor or social worker may contact us to arrange and pay for couple counselling for one or more of their clients.
Payment is made at the end of each session via cash or cheque. For further details of our pricing structure for our self-funding clients (the general public) please click: Fees
If you are an organisation, GP, social worker or other third party referral agent please telephone our Wolverhampton counselling practice for further details or our corporate pricing structure.
Make an Appointment for Couple Counselling
If you would like to arrange an appointment, make a referral or have an enquiry please telephone our Wolverhampton counselling practice on: 01902 827808. Alternatively fill out our online contact form. For information regarding our opening hours please visit our practice opening hours page.
About Us Services Information Contact Us